Independent Living. Get Involved!
Join others in working to expand resources and opportunities for people with disabilities. Attend a Statewide Independent Living Council meeting, serve on a committee, volunteer at a Center for Independent Living or learn about how to be an active citizen and advocate. Learn more >
The SILC works for change throughout Georgia.
The Statewide Independent Living Council is a systems advocacy and planning organization. We work for systemic change in the areas that are the biggest barriers to people with disabilities participating fully in their communities. In our current 3-year plan, the areas we are focused on are:
- Voting Information for Election 2016
Are you a registered Georgia voter? Do you plan on voting? Do you know where to vote? The SILC has compiled important resources to help you answer these questions.
- Voter Registration Deadline: October 11, 2016
- Early Voting Begins: October 17, 2016
- Election Day: November 8, 2016
- Voting Locations: https://www.mvp.sos.ga.gov
- How Do I Vote Absentee?: https://www.mvp.sos.ga.gov
- What ... Read more >
- Project Independence: Georgia Vision Program for Seniors
From The Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Division:
Are you or is someone you know at least 55 years of age and experiencing vision loss or a combined vision and hearing loss?
Project Independence could help.
This vision program for seniors (also referred to as the Older Blind Program) is administered by the Georgia Division ... Read more >
- Celebrate Independence Photos
We had a wonderful time as we celebrated Independent Living and honored 20 Years of Progress on March 9th, 2016. Enjoy the pictures!Read more >